Spirit Airlines is a budget airline that has been operating in the United States since 1980. In order to provide their customers with the best possible service, they have established a Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy.
What Is the Name Change Policy?
Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy allows customers to make changes to their names on tickets, including spelling corrections, name changes due to marriage or divorce, and other minor adjustments. The airline also offers assistance if a customer needs to make a change that is not covered by the policy. By following this policy, Spirit Airlines ensures that all of its customers are able to travel without any issues due to incorrect names on tickets.
As per Spirit name change policy, passengers can correct up to three characters on the first name, middle name, or last name. You can change the name on reservation online as well as over the phone.
Along with this, there are additional rules to follow such as:
- Always ensure that the last name, first name, and middle name must be identical with the government-issued photo ID. Any other information about the passenger like contact information or gender would not be covered under this policy.To change the whole last name, feel free to reach our Airlines executives.As that would be charged for no additional cost.
- For all other information to the name changes including date of birth, contact information, gender, and passport information, the passenger needs to support the support documentation including Marriage certificate, Court Order, Divorce Decree, or any Legal name change document.
- In case any passenger has the multiple flight segment, the name change request would take place on the airlines flight segment only.
- The airlines offer a risk-free cancellation period where passengers can change or correct the name within 24 hours as no Spirit Airlines name change fee would be assessed.
- To change the name ticket, the flight must be operated by the airlines and the ticket stock number must start with 095.
- As per Spirit Airlines name change policy, the airlines restrict the change in ownership of the reservation.
Fee for Spirit Airlines Change Name on Ticket
Spirit name change fee would be applied as per the fare rules or conditions mentioned below –
|Fare Conditions||Name Change/Correction Fees|
|change fee||225 USD|
|Rebooking fee||250 USD|
|name correction up to 3 letters||225 USD|
|For flight segment from different airlines in the booking||225 USD|
|Name correction that requires special approval from the airlines||175 USD|
|Changing the ownership of the ticket||200 USD|
|Name change in a genuine case of typo errors||150 USD|
|Name change requests for Europe bound flights||250 USD|
METHOD TO CHANGE/CORRECT WRONG NAME ON TICKET ONLINE:
- Spirit Airlines Name Change Policy, visit the airline’s Official Website and navigate to the ‘Manage Booking’ section.
- Enter the six-digit booking reference along with the last name of the passenger. Click on the ‘Confirm’ button to retrieve the booking.
- Click on the ‘Change’ button to alter the name of the passenger.
- Enter the correct name.
- Correct up to three characters online.
- Alter the name to ensure it should appear identical to the government-issued photo ID.
- Attach the legal document to validate the correct name of the passenger. Pay the Spirit Airlines name change fee.
- Passengers will receive the confirmation with the correct name on the registered email.