Electrical appliances are prone to being affected by electrical fluctuations and other disturbances. In order to deal with dirty electricity and other disturbances such as noise in electricity. power managers tend to be important. Most of the people still do not find these power managers necessary, as they have not yet faced any disturbances in their electricity. but those who face electricity problems on a regular basis know the importance and value of such Home Theatre Power Manager
Let us now discuss in detail one such power manager, which is used for home theatres by various people around the globe.
WHAT IS A HOME THEATER POWER MANAGER?
A home theatre power manager, or home theatre power conditioner, is a device that regulates the power distribution. It provides the users with surge protection, and also performs filtration and purifying activities such as eliminating dirty noise and so on. This device is more or less not very difficult to operate, and depending on the complexity and price, there are some additional features as well, such as setting the voltage, switching on and off, and so on.
The home theatre power manager has two primary roles to fulfill. At first, the home theatre power manager should provide its users with quality performance of their home theatre by improving the quality of the electricity, and its secondary role is to protect the equipment from power surges and increase the life span of the equipment.
By adding such power managers, the users enjoy better performance from the equipment, which allows for a much cleaner and better organised environment.
NOISE IN ELECTRICITY AND DIRTY ELECTRICITY:
Any kind of unwanted sound or eruption can be considered as noise. While thinking about noise, different kinds of sounds generally come to mind that we hear on a daily basis. Well, electricity also makes noise while being generated. One such form is switching power supplies.
Dirty electricity may be defined as the noises that are emitted from unreliable outlets and causing a lot of disturbances and erections. No matter what the source of the dirty electricity maybe, it causes significant damages to the electricity produced, thus hampering the equipment at large.
THE ADVANTAGES OF A HOME THEATER POWER MANAGER
- Protection from powerful surges: home theatre power managers allow you to protect the equipment from most of the powerful surges that further hamper and damage the equipment.
- Prolong the life of the electronic device: Home theatre power managers can prolong the life of the electrical equipment by protecting it from power surges and fluctuations.
- Easy to install: The installation of such power managers is quite easy and quick, specifically if the guide is followed.
- Affordable: When compared with changing devices on a regular basis due to electricity outages, these power managers are affordable and can save a lot of money in the long run.
THE DISADVANTAGES OF A HOME THEATRE POWER MANAGER
- Not full-proof: Although the power managers claim to provide full-proof protection from surges, they are not really 100% effective.
- Cannot protect against all the harmful surges: These power managers cannot protect the equipment from all damages, such as water damage.
- May not be compatible with all types of electrical devices- Some power managers may not be compatible with all types of electrical devices; therefore, it is always recommended to check the compatibility before purchasing the product.
- Requires maintenance on a regular basis. These power managers require regular servicing and checking for signs of wear and tear.
HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO BUY A HOME THEATRE POWER MANAGER?
Well, it is relatively important to have a power manager, as it protects the equipment from powerful surges that are most likely to destroy the device totally. A surge may be referred to as a sudden or sharp increase in voltage that can last for a maximum of a few seconds but can impact the device for ever. Most of the devices come with occasional power surges, but too much exposure to surge voltage shortens the life of the device.
In order to increase the life span of the product as well, it is advisable to install home theatre power managers, as they help to fight surges, which further increases the life of the device.
Reductions in energy costs can also be seen after the installation of power managers, as they use their exclusive feature of standby power consumption.
It is also seen that the performance of equipment after the installation of the power managers is comparatively better and smoother than that of equipment that does not have power managers installed.
In areas where lightning and strikes are quite common, these power managers help protect the device from damage. In areas of lightning where a sudden increase or decrease in voltage can hamper the device, after the installation of the power manager, the issue of the device being damaged is solved.
Thus, in many cases, the power manager tends to be fruitful and beneficial, and it is henceforth recommended by most of the dealers to install such power managers for better performance and to increase the life of the product as well.
TOP BEST HOME THEATRE POWER MANAGER AND POWER CONDITIONERS
The top two best home theatre power managers and power conditioners are as follows:
Panamax MR4300 Power Line Conditioner and Surge Protector: One of the best power managers and power conditioners, ranking at the top for several years in a row. A few of its advantages are discussed below.
- It has a sleek and modern design.
- It also has nine power outlets at its disposal.
- It uses exclusive automatic voltage monitoring technology.
- A convenient and clean LED display comes along with the power manager.
- Lifetime warranty available at the mentioned series
- 2 isolated banks of high-current and linear filtration outlets are also available.
- 15-amp circuit breaker
- Front panel convenience outlet available
Panamax MR4000 8-Outlet Home Theatre Power Management: The second most known power manager that comes with excellent features and facilities A few of them are mentioned below:
- It has eight power outlets at your disposal.
- It has a sleek and modern design.
- It uses exclusive AVM technology.
- It is a budget-friendly option, thus making it affordable for all.
- It has a front-panel convenience outlet as well.
- A 15-amp built-in circuit breaker is available.
The Panamax MX5102 Home Theatre Power Management with Battery Backup The top-notch power manager has some exclusive facilities and features, out of which a few are mentioned below:
- It has 10 outlets available.
- It uses exclusive AVM technology.
- Linear Noise Filtration Technology (Lift Technology) is available.
- The dual-learning IR function is an excellent feature added to the power manager.
- It has a Li-ion battery backup and can act as a power bank or UPS (2 outlets).
Panamax M8-AV-PRO Hi-Definition 8 Outlet Surge Protector: A budget-friendly and easy-to-carry power manager that has the special facility of a lifetime warranty comes along with many other features mentioned below:
- It has 8 outlets for AC power available.
- It uses exclusive AVM technology.
- The premium-quality filtration is available only in this model.
- It is easy to carry around and has a unique design.
- The product is a wall-mountable model.
- A lifetime warranty on the product is available.
- Pocket-friendly model is affordable for all kinds of families.
Panamax M5400-PM 11 Outlet Home Theatre Power Conditioner: An excellent power manager that comes with 11 outlets and various other facilities such as:
- It has 11 outlets for AC power.
- It also has five isolated noise filter banks.
- Level 4 noise filtration against dirty power is also available in this model.
- It uses AVM technology.
- It has a USB charging port for charging phones and small electronics.
Furman M-8X2 Merit Series 8 Outlet Power Conditioner and Surge Protector— The power manager has a sleek design with nine outlets and is extremely budget-friendly. A few of the advantages of buying this power manager are as follows:
- It has 9 outlets for AC power.
- It has a sleek design and is easy to place.
- It is extremely budget-friendly.
- A 15-amp built-in circuit breaker is installed.
- Good-quality AC noise filtration that comes in an excellent price range
Furman SS6B Power Conditioner: A power manager that is made to suit families with basic income. Among the specialties of this power manager are the following:
- It is the most budget-friendly power conditioner.
- It is well built for the price (metal construction).
- It has a 15-foot power cord.
- It offers fine noise clearance.
Furman PL-8C 15-Amp, Advanced Level Power Conditioning: The power manager has a feature that shuts down automatically when it incurs an extreme voltage load. The other features of this power manager are as follows:
- It has 9 outlets for AC power, one on the front.
- It has a sleek design that is perfect for racks.
- It uses lift technology.
- It has exclusive SMP technology.
- Isolated power banks are available.
- It has an extreme voltage shutdown system installed.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN POINTS OF DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A POWER CONDITIONER AND A SURGE PROTECTOR?
|POWER CONDITIONER||SURGE PROTECTOR|
The power conditioner uses its elements to stop or restrict any damage.
Surge protectors protect against the damages that occur from potentially bad events.
The power conditioner may also be able to handle certain kinds of loads at any time.
Surge protectors may not handle a lot of voltage.
A power conditioner clears the power and eliminates high voltages.
Surge protectors focus only on limiting voltage.
The line conditioner keeps on altering the power as and when required.
The surge protector generally alters the power when a certain amount is exceeded.
WHEN IS IT NECESSARY TO BUY A HOME THEATER POWER MANAGER?
An individual should opt to buy a home theatre power manager only if they find out that there is frequent outrage of electricity in their residing area, that there are lightning and sparks taking place frequently, that the wiring of the area is not up to the mark, and if there are sudden damages to the electrical devices taking place frequently. Apart from such issues, an individual may also buy a power manager to improve the quality of their electrical device.
Do you want to know about these related topics
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
The life span of these power managers may last from five years up to ten years, depending totally on consumption and usage.
It totally depends on the power manager and the features and design that have been built into it to determine whether or not it will enhance the sound quality or not.
Yes, UPS and power managers are identical and more or less function in the same arena.
Well, a power manager can never be overloaded as they are built with some unique and special technologies that allow them to adjust as and when required, thus not damaging any devices.